Bringing Your Furry Friends
Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us:
- Pets need to be on a leash at all times; it is not only an Association rule but a Fernandina Beach City Ordinance and applies to dogs on beaches as well.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam anywhere on the property.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to have something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. We realize you may allow your pets on your furniture and beds at your home, but the owner does not.
- Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next guest may not have a pet.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure you will leave the property in good condition without being charged an extra cleaning fee.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or on tennis courts.
- Please ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.