Frequently Asked Questions
Our mission is to offer a truly personal service to make your stay at any of our Stay Better rentals as relaxing, enjoyable, and easy as we possibly can.
Payment / Deposit:
If the booking is made more than 30 days in advance of your arrival date, a payment of 50% is due. If booking is made less than 30 prior to arrival, 100% is due. The credit card used for the first payment will be used to process all future payments. We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Diners Club.
A security deposit of $300.00 is required and will be automatically reserved for the booking. This security deposit is not charged to your credit card, but is a 'hold' until after departure. The security deposit will be released in full within five (5) business days after departure if the rental property is returned undamaged beyond normal wear and tear. In the event of any damages, we will provide you with a full accounting of expenses incurred and deductions made from the security deposit. Should the damages exceed the amount of the security deposit, guest agrees to pay the balance within five (5) business days after receiving notification. Deductions from security deposit may include, but are not limited to: excess cleaning fee, missing item replacement costs, damaged item replacement or repair costs, repair costs of buildings or grounds, fines for HOA violations, or other service call fees resulting from misuse.
Cancellation / Refunds:
For a full refund of accommodation fees, cancellation must be made within 30 days of arrival. Cancellations between 14 and 30 days before arrival will receive a 50% refund. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures, mechanical failure of items such as (but not limited to) air conditioners, TV, internet, dishwashers, pools or other luxury items. This includes power outages, construction from surrounding areas, flooding, or water shortage. With COVID-19 possibly impacting travel and/or restrictions, we highly recommend purchasing Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) Travel Insurance. For details, please visit https://insurestays.com/ptnw_cfar/; select FL to view our state's CFAR Policy.
Occupancy / Age / Restrictions:
In no event shall the Rental Property be occupied by more persons than the capacity of the property as stated on the web site or the confirmation letter, without prior approval. No fraternities, school, civic, or other non-family groups are permitted unless granted prior approval. In no event shall guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Guest agrees that they will be present during entire rental period.
You must be at least 25 years old to rent any of our rentals.
Directions & Parking:
Prior to your arrival you will receive a customized digital guidebook with details on directions and parking. Many of our rentals have assigned parking spaces with additional parking for visitors or extra cars should you have more than one car. Our Amelia South rentals require parking passes to be displayed at all times (provided in your unit). Units in Forest Ridge require a parking pass, supplied in unit, between May and Labor Day.
Only our pet friendly rentals, which will be noted on the listing, allow pets. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $75 per pet with a limit of two pets totaling 100 lbs. for both. The pet fee will be paid at the time of booking through our website; or if you are booking via another website you will receive a separate request to submit payment. Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us:
- Pets need to be on a leash at all times; it is not only an Association rule but a Fernandina Beach City Ordinance and applies to dogs on beaches as well.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam anywhere on the property.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to have something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. We realize you may allow your pets on your furniture and beds at your home, but the owner does not.
- Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next guest may not have a pet.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure you will leave the property in good condition without being charged an extra cleaning fee.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or on tennis courts.
- Please ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.
All rentals are non-smoking. No smoking of any kind is permitted inside, which includes vaping.
Parties & Underage Drinking:
A majority of our rentals are located in a residential community with both year round residents and short-term guests. As such we ask that you respect their privacy and their right to a peaceful existence! Specifically, between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am noise should be kept to a minimum. Parties, weddings, or large family reunions are not permitted in any of our rentals due to City Ordinance and Fire Code. Complaints of loud noises or underage drinking will result in eviction without any refunds being issued.
STANDARD TRAVEL PROTECTION:
- Available to: All US and Non US Travelers
- Retail price: 7.0% x trip cost
- Covers 100% of covered trip cancellation and interruption reasons
- Coverage may be purchased at the following times:
- At time of initial booking;
- On or before final trip payment;
- Up to 30 days before initial check-in.
Cancel for Any Reason TRAVEL PROTECTION:
- Available to: US travelers ONLY (excluding: NY and WA travelers)
- Retail price: 9 .8% x trip cost.
- Covers 100% of covered trip cancellation and interruption reasons & covers 60% of any trip cancellation reasons not listed in the policy.
- Coverage may be purchased at the following times:
- At time of initial booking;
- Within 14 days of initial booking.
As mentioned above, we will place a $300 security deposit 'hold' on your credit card to be used toward any damages. Please notify us immediately of any damages prior and/or prior to departure. If it's minor we usually won't charge. If it's a larger issue (e.g. the TV screen!), we would like to repair it as soon as possible and work with you to process costs through your security deposit.
Towels & Linens: Please do not wash white towels or white linens with anything other than white articles. Discolored towels/linens due to improper washing could result in damage fees.
Check-in / Check-out:
Check-in time is 4 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m. We realize you may arrive in the area prior to 4p and appreciate that you'd like to check-in early; however, on most occasions our cleaners are on a tight schedule and may not have your rental ready for you until 4 p.m. We don't mind if you ask, but please understand we may not be able to accommodate your request.
Check Out Instructions: It's your vacation so you shouldn't have to work! Stay Better's Departure Steps:
1. Be sure to grab all your phone chargers
2. Sign out of any of paid channels on the t.v.'s
3. Load and start the dishwasher
4. Take your memories!
Linens / Towels / Supplies:
All of our rentals provide the following:
- Linens, bath towels, and beach towels
- Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- Beach chairs (for our Amelia Island properties)
- Starter paper goods - 2 extra rolls of toilet paper per bathroom; one roll of paper towels
- Garbage bags, dish soap; dishwasher detergent; hand soap
- Coffee and basic pantry items
Our expectations are for you to enter a clean, fully-ready, and properly stocked rental. Regardless if you stay one night or seven, our cleaners perform the same tasks for every clean - changing all the beds even if it appears only one bed was slept in. Therefore, the cleaning fee remains the same for any number of nights booked. Should you arrive at your rental and notice something was overlooked or not cleaned; please advise us immediately. We are unable to correct the situation if we are not made aware.
Lost & Found:
If you have left something behind, we are happy to return to you within 30 days after your departure. After that we will dispose or donate. Please be sure to notify us as soon as you realize the item is not with you - we'll notify our staff to look for it and if found the cost to return is $10.00 via USPS, charged to the credit card we have on file or another card number you can provide. If you have an account with FedEx or USPS, we can ship through those carriers also.
Our Accommodations - Locations:
All of our rentals on Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach are within walking distance to the beach or are beach front. Each listing on our website will provide you with the complex name of where the rental is located, which can be helpful as you plan your trip and search distances from where you are staying to perhaps areas you would like to visit.