Frequently Asked Questions
Our mission is to offer a truly personal service to make your stay at any of our Stay Better rentals as relaxing, enjoyable, and easy as we possibly can.
Check-in / Check-out:
Check-in time is 4 p.m. Check-out time is 10 a.m. Due the directive from our County Officials, we must adhere to a minimum of 6 hours between guests' departures and arrivals. Therefore, at this time, we are unable to accommodate early check-ins or late departures. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us follow this COVID-19 guideline.
Easy Check Out Instructions:
1. Be sure to grab all your phone chargers & belongings
2. Sign out of any of paid channels on the t.v.'s
3. Load and start the dishwasher
4. Please take your trash to the dumpster
5. Lock the door, take your memories, and come back to visit again!
To enhance your vacation experience, our Amelia Island properties include Xplorie, which means free admissions and rentals everyday of your stay at select popular attractions in the area. For every night stay, you get one free admission to one of 4 attractions - putt-putt, kayaking, bike rental, or escape rooms. You can use your free admission to all 4 attraction each day, or one a day - your choice! This offer does not apply to our Georgia properties or for long-term stays.
Linens / Towels / Supplies:
All of our rentals provide the following:
- Linens, bath towels, and beach towels
- Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- Starter paper goods - two rolls of toilet paper and one roll of paper towels
- Garbage bags, dish soap; dishwasher detergent; hand soap
- Coffee,filters, pods, sugar, creamer, salt & pepper
Directions & Parking:
Prior to your arrival you will receive a customized digital guidebook with details on directions and parking. Our Amelia South, Ketch Courtyard, The Plantation, and Summer Beach rentals require parking passes to be displayed at all times (provided in your unit). Units in Forest Ridge require a parking pass, supplied in unit, between May and Labor Day.
Only our pet friendly rentals, which will be noted on the listing, allow pets. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $75 per pet with a limit of two pets totaling 100 lbs. for both. The pet fee will be paid at the time of booking through our website; or if you are booking via another website you will receive a separate request to submit payment. Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us:
- Pets need to be on a leash at all times; it is not only an Association rule but a Fernandina Beach City Ordinance and applies to dogs on beaches as well.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam anywhere on the property.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to have something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. We realize you may allow your pets on your furniture and beds at your home, but the owner does not.
- Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next guest may not have a pet.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure you will leave the property in good condition without being charged an extra cleaning fee.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or on tennis courts.
- Please ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.
All rentals are non-smoking. No smoking of any kind is permitted inside, which includes vaping.
Parties & Underage Drinking:
A majority of our rentals are located in a residential community with both year round residents and short-term guests. As such we ask that you respect their privacy and their right to a peaceful existence! Specifically, between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am noise should be kept to a minimum. Parties, weddings, or large family reunions are not permitted in any of our rentals due to City Ordinance and Fire Code. Complaints of loud noises or underage drinking will result in eviction without any refunds being issued.
STANDARD TRAVEL PROTECTION:
- Available to: All US and Non US Travelers
- Retail price: 7.0% x trip cost
- Covers 100% of covered trip cancellation and interruption reasons
- Coverage may be purchased at the following times:
- At time of initial booking;
- On or before final trip payment;
- Up to 30 days before initial check-in.
Cancel for Any Reason TRAVEL PROTECTION:
- Available to: US travelers ONLY (excluding: NY and WA travelers)
- Retail price: 9 .8% x trip cost.
- Covers 100% of covered trip cancellation and interruption reasons & covers 60% of any trip cancellation reasons not listed in the policy.
- Coverage may be purchased at the following times:
- At time of initial booking;
- Within 14 days of initial booking.
Payment / Deposit:
If the booking is made more than 30 days in advance of your arrival date, a payment of 50% is due. If booking is made less than 30 prior to arrival, 100% is due. The credit card used for the first payment will be used to process all future payments. We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Diners Club.
Booked on our Website or VRBO:
A $75 fee will be withheld by the property manager. After that, the following refunds apply:
30 Days Before Arrival Date - 100%
14 Days Before Arrival Date - 50%
7 Days or Less Before Arrival Date - 0%
Please refer to the cancellation policy applied by AIRBNB (can be found in our listings).
There will be no refunds for no-shows, late arrivals, early departures, or for leaving the home for mechanical failure of non-essential items. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we highly recommend purchasing Cancel for Any Reason Travel Insurance (CFAR). For details, please visit https://insurestays.com/ptnw_cfar/; select FL to view our state's CFAR Policy.
30 Day-Stay Cancellation Policy
If you have a reservation of 28 days or greater, we require a 30 day notice prior to arrival in order to receive a refund. If you cancel at least 30 days prior to your arrival, we will refund all payments made less a $200 cancellation fee. Should you cancel less than 30 days prior to arrival, all monies received will become nonrefundable.
If travel restrictions and/or evacuations are mandated by local officials/government, SBV will issue a refund for your scheduled trip during the evacuation/travel restriction period. If you are staying with us during a mandatory evacuation, we will refund the nights you were unable to use. To stay informed visit https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/current-travel-safety-information.html
Occupancy / Age / Restrictions:
In no event shall the Rental Property be occupied by more persons than the capacity of the property as stated on the web site or the confirmation letter, without prior approval. No fraternities, school, civic, or other non-family groups are permitted unless granted prior approval. In no event shall guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Guest agrees that they will be present during entire rental period.
You must be at least 25 years old to rent any of our rentals.
Our expectations are for you to enter a clean, fully-ready, and properly stocked rental. Regardless if you stay one night or seven, our cleaners perform the same tasks for every clean - changing all the beds even if it appears only one bed was slept in. Therefore, the cleaning fee remains the same for any number of nights booked. Should you arrive at your rental and notice something was overlooked or not cleaned; please advise us immediately. We are unable to correct the situation if we are not made aware.
Lost & Found:
If you have left something behind, we are happy to return to you within 30 days after your departure. After that we will dispose or donate. Please be sure to notify us as soon as you realize the item is not with you - we'll notify our staff to look for it and if found the cost to return is $10.00 plus the cost of shipping, charged to the credit card we have on file or another card number you can provide.
Our Accommodations - Locations:
We try to include as much information about where each rental is located so you can research surrounding areas and driving distances prior to your arrival.